Monday, July 26, 2010

Beginning of Week 2

The homework was rather light for the first week in comparison to what's in store for the following weeks. Finding a time and place to focus and study is key. A few times this past week, I caught myself studying at around 11 and not being able to retain a thing.

We finished up Number Properties last week. For some reason I keep getting confused when it comes to LCMs and GCFs. My plan is to go back and re-read that portion and re-do the drill problems. I've also created a list of things that I need to make flash cards of. Divisibility rules, for instance, is something I should probably commit to memory, and it'll be much easier studying flash cards than reading books on the subway.

I've been going back and re-doing the problems I missed on my CAT exam and redoing some of the problems that I got correct by throwing a Hail Mary pass. Geometry is still a weak point for me just because I really don't remember some of the properties (i.e. parallel lines intersected by a transverse line). That is also something I should probably commit to memory, but I am submitting fully to the Manhattan study plan, so I will get to those in a few weeks.

In class on Sunday, we were introduced to diagramming for Critical Reasoning. It helps to have structure and a clear set strategy for finding answers. I've been apprehensive about adapting their strategy for sentence corrections, but I'm going to give it a try for a week or two to see if I improve my accuracy. What I'm really anticipating is the strategy on Reading Comprehension. During my first practice CAT, my mind started to wander during the RC portions, so if I can get a method for extracting the most important information, or staying focused then I'm all for it.

As far as other news, I am enjoying my new apartment so much. Having a patio is great. My boyfriend and I sat outside and barbecued for dinner. We had ribs, burgers, chicken, corn, almost anything you can think of. We of course did not eat it all last night. There's plenty of food for the rest of the week which means less cooking for me. True Blood was also really good tonight. I can't wait to see how the situation with Tara turns out. I was actually okay with Bill dying as there are other characters I find more interesting, but if we don't have Bill, then we don't have the Bill and Sookie love affair, and if we don't have that then we have no show.

No comments:

Post a Comment