Tuesday, November 9, 2010

GMAT is over and done with

I tried to start blogging during GMAT preparation and just got overwhelmed, so I deleted all of my old posts. I studied really hard for a good four months and managed to pull a 730 (47 Q, 42 V, 6AWA). You can't imagine how relieved I was when I hit "report score" and 730 appeared. Barring the unforeseen, I'll never have to think about that test again, and I feel so relieved now that I've gotten it out of the way....

Now on to the good stuff. I've decided to postpone applying until Round 1 and 2 of next year. Doing so will give me adequate time to address my two weaknesses: lower than average GPA, lack of community involvement. I'm currently taking an Intro to Stats Course at an extension school and scored an A on my mid-term. My goal is to take four courses (Stats, Calc, Microeconomics, Accounting) before applying. I also have time to continue my current community service involvement and earn a Competent Communicator designation in my Toastmasters Club. As you can see, I'm gearing up for a very busy year.

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I like your writing way. I'm doing practice GMAT here: gmatonlinetest.com . I hope it's useful for GMAT test takers.

    ReplyDelete