Thursday, December 15, 2011

Second Decision

I have been wait listed at Kellogg. I don't know if anyone ever anticipates being placed in MBA purgatory, but here I am. To say that this is a disappointment would be understating how I feel. In general, I don't deal well with being in limbo. I process any maybe's as no's especially because I don't know what I can do to ameliorate any weaknesses that I haven't done already. I took [expensive] courses to augment my quantitative profile, performed well on the GMAT (my score is higher than their average), went through eight iterations of my Kellogg essays, and practiced for my interview. Perhaps my age has given cause for concern? I can't imagine there are too many people like me in the applicant pool. Sure there are other 700+ GMAT scorers from ivy leagues, but my career goals are pretty unique [so I've been told] and you just don't find too many people in my industry applying to business schools.

So, now I wait to hear from Wharton. Hopefully Tuesday will bring better news, but my hope has waned after two straight days of disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment