Saturday, October 29, 2011

Good Idea/Bad Idea

My boyfriend has gone home to Los Angeles to attend the CAL vs. UCLA football game. Initially I thought it was a good idea for me to opt to stay at home this weekend and work on MBA applications, but now that I've been sitting in this coffee shop for two hours, working on an essay for USC Marshall, I am starting to think about all the fun going down at the game. Tailgating. Touch downs. On-side kicks. Cheerleaders. Hot dogs. Beer. Man, I'm missing out.

I've tried to refrain from looking at the MBA message boards while Wharton is releasing decisions and focus my attention elsewhere, but I just can't. At least over the weekend, I won't have to worry about anything coming in. I'm afraid that I'll get a rejection notice while I'm at work and be in a sour mood for the rest of the day. I honestly don't know how I'd respond. Will I cry? It's very likely. I am a big crier and am known to cry at sappy engagement commercials and have cried everytime I've watched that cheesy movie The Notebook. Or will I be relieved to finally have an indication as to where I stand and be able to use that indication to formalize a round 2 strategy. One thing's for sure, although there is a weakness in my profile, I'm feeling very optimistic. Not just about Wharton, but about my future in general.

I've had two shots of espresso, and am contemplating a third in another hour or so. My energy is insane right now, so it's time for a dance party!





Beyonce Get Me Bodied

No comments:

Post a Comment