Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wharton due Monday

Come hell or high water, this Wharton application is getting submitted. I considered putting the app off until round 2, but I've been on this b-school journey for over a year now and I'm really ready to get this party started already.

I spent last night clarifying my career goals in my professional objective essay. I like it. It sings. I've just got to cut out some extraneous words, and that's a done deal.

I spent most of today redoing the interpersonal essay. In my earlier versions, I felt like I didn't own up to my mistakes in navigating this experience so I gave it a minor face lift to reflect these mistakes.

I spent the last few hours overhauling the innovation essay, and am still at it.

Through this essay writing process, I've learned two things -- 1) you have to choose who you're going to take your feedback from and how you're going to use it and 2) you can get feedback until the end of time so at one point you have to create a plan and roll with it.

As far as my other applications....

Tuck -- I visited campus and loved it. My interview with the student ambassador went well. No hard ball questions and I am happy with it.

Kellogg -- got some encouraging feedback so now I'm going to rewrite two of the essays. One is completely done and I'm not changing a thing. The career goals essay needs a bit of clarification. This app is on hold for the moment in light of the two deadlines that are more pressing.

Stanford -- I have been neglecting this baby. Actually that's not entirely true. I've done some good work on the last two behavioral questions and my career objectives were all but set in stone until I had a stroke of genius on the plane ride to Cambridge. I started the career objectives over from scratch and sheer brilliance was flowing through these fingers here. Of course that computer crashed, and along with it, the brilliance. I think I can get into that zone again. It was truly the realest thing I ever wrote (cookie to anyone who got that Tupac reference). I have a draft of What Matters to Me Most, but I'm not confident with it and don't think it's an accurate reflection of what matters to me most.

My boyfriend is out of town this weekend so I have no distractions outside of the 4th season of Mad Men on netflix. I'm on episode five and it's getting quite good so I have to resist. I've been listening to a lot of Prince to power through this....

No comments:

Post a Comment