Thursday, January 27, 2011

GMAT Tip

I am so thankful that I don't have to think about this test anymore (or at least I hope I don't) but when I was perusing Beat The GMAT today I ran across a great article about eliminating test anxiety and how practice tests are a good study tool. I did a lot of studying with the OG and Manhattan GMAT materials, but I attribute a good portion of my GMAT success to taking practice tests.

Snippet from the article Eliminate Test Day Anxiety:

But as this research demonstrates, the process of struggling through and potentially even performing poorly on practice tests is instrumental in the process of learning and improving. Some study techniques – flashcards, reading lists of formulas, note taking, etc. – “feel” more productive simply because they remove the pressure and anxiety of testing. But as the common workout axiom goes, “no pain, no gain”.

Happy Studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment