Monday, January 24, 2011

Things to do, good news and updates.

1) Stanford is hosting a diversity conference for prospective students sometime in April. Of course you have to submit an application for consideration. The question is (and I paraphrase), "how would you bring intellectual diversity to Stanford GSB." How esoteric.

2) The good news is that I'm finding calculus to be pretty intuitive this time around. The bad news is that the teacher assigns SO MUCH HOMEWORK. And I accidentally missed the Sunday meeting because I lost my phone and thereby my calendar and got my times screwed up. Grr.

3) I'm taking a work trip to MD that will enable me to visit Wharton, NYU, Tuck, and Columbia (though I don't think I have a shot in hell at getting in) in a much more economical fashion.

4) I made a succulent beef brisket yestereday. It was 7 pounds, so I have more than enough meat for the rest of the week. Perhaps I will create another post about it.

5) I've already got my next Toastmasters speech etched out. I just need to get put on the calendar for February. My goal is to finish my Competent Communicator manual by August so I'll have time to devote solely to apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment